Sunday, June 17, 2012

Geyser Pass to Oowah Lake - Bike Ride

This ride starts out at the Trans La Sal Trailhead off of Geyser Pass Road.  There is a nice five mile uphill climb on the well-graveled Geyser Pass Road from the trailhead to the start of the singletrack cutoff to Oowah Lake.  It took me about an hour to churn out the uphill portion of the ride.  This was my favorite part of the ride.  The rest of the ride along the singletrack was more of a hike-a-bike.  I suppose some people could "ride" this trail, but it wasn't my cup of tea.  I walked my bike most of the way along the three miles of singletrack down into Oowah Lake.  It was nice scenery, so I had a good time, but I really didn't need my bike.  It took me an hour to do the singletrack portion of the ride.  I'd rather be churning on a rideable uphill than walking my bike three miles downhill.  Since this ride requires a shuttle, Mary dropped me off at the trailhead and then drove over to Oowah Lake.  She hiked up the singletrack from Oowah Lake with the dogs and met me near Clark Lake.  It was nice to have some company for the hike out.
Uphill along Geyser Pass Road
Singletrack Cutoff to Clark Lake and Oowah Lake
Working my way down the singletrack
Clark Lake
Cutoff at Clark Lake to Oowah Lake
Mary, Darwin and Riley
Rare shot of me on my bike on the downhill
Oowah Lake

Bike Distance:  8.5 miles
Elevation Gain:  2,043 feet
Ride Time:  1:34
Total Time:  1.52

 



No comments:

Post a Comment