Sunday, March 20, 2016

Ready for Camping Season - 2016


I have been struggling to get the T@b back to her glory days after the vandalism and subsequent sloppy paint job on the trim.  The auto shop didn't tape off the entire trailer when they sprayed the trim so there was a line of overspray down the middle of the T@b.  I was mainly using a liquid chemical to take the spray off but the task was tedious.  I also tried the clay rub which worked on the windows but not the body.  I finally decided to go aggressive and used 2000 grit wet sandpaper.  The wet sandpaper really took the overspray off with minimal effort.  I then waxed the whole trailer to rub out the scratches and to get the shine back.  It looks pretty good.  In certain light you can still see the sandpaper scratches, but otherwise she looks pretty shiny and white.  I still need to work on the back logo, but we added a nice tag line with some rub-on vinyl lettering.   

No comments:

Post a Comment