Wednesday, March 31, 2010

T@b-MOD-ifications

I have spent the entire week redecorating the interior of the T@belot with some custom touches.   As I mentioned, I am going with the euro-modern look inspired by the european sisters of the T@b and the great offerings at IKEA.  Check out the euro-T@b's made in Germany at http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/tab/index.php

The T@belot is a work in progress, but here's what I have done so far.  I had covers made for all the cushions by a seamstress I found on Craigslist.  I think she did a great job.  I got the fabric at IKEA.  I am really excited about the covers and think they really transform the interior.  They will also make it really easy to remove the covers after each trip and throw them in the wash.  This option is essential since we plan to travel with dogs. 

I added some dish towel rods on the two front cabinets in the kitchen area to make clean up easier.  I also added rods above the sink and in the back sleeping area.  These rods come with extra hooks that will come in handy to hang water bottles, toiletry bags, pots and pans, and other miscellaneous necessities.  I added a nice little spice rack on the wall above the stove that will add some convenience when cooking.  Finally, I upgraded the speakers in the back with some nice Kenwood 140W speakers.  The sound system could still use some work, but this is an improvement over the originals.  Although I haven't done it yet, I plan to install a floating cork floor to soften the feel and add an eco-friendly feel to the interior.  Let me know what you think of the upgrades.  Feel free to share some of your own T@b-MOD-ifications or suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your fabric! I redid my cushions, also. I also love your IKEA ideas, how did you mount the rack onto the side of the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Sorry, for the late response. I just saw your email. Do you have a T@B too? The walls of the T@b consist of a thin wallboard filled with styrofom insulation. To mount most of the accessories, including the spice rack, I used those plastic fasteners that you hammer into the wall. The screws twist into the fasteners for a pretty tight fit. So far, everything is holding tight. Feel free to email me at my work email (that I check more often) at Lromney@mhlaw.net. Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete